Campaign Monitor makes it easy to attract new mailing list subscribers, send them beautiful email newsletters and see stunning reports on the results. Campaign Monitor has an extremely accessible user interface - most operations are run in 'wizard' format with plenty of guidance. They offer a standard pay monthly model - but also a 'Pay per Campaign' option that means you'll only spend when you run a campaign, meaning return on investment is easy to monitor.
Based on managing your campaigns, the triggers you can use for your Flow XO flows are:
- New Campaign Open
- New Campaign Click
- New Campaign Bounce
- New Campaign Unsubscribe
- New Subscriber
- New Transactional Email
The actions you can take are straightforward:
- Add a Subscriber
- Get a subscriber
- Send a Smart Email
- Send a Classic Email
- Resend a Transactional Email
- Get a Transactional Email
Connecting Your Account
Connecting your account is easy - you'll just need to click 'Authorize' in the Flow XO 'Authorize the Service' window when setting up your flow action for the first time, then sign in to your Campaign Monitor account in the window that appears (if you're not already signed in) with your normal Campaign Monitor account email address and password, then confirm you're happy to connect. You'll be returned to the flow and Campaign Monitor will be connected to Flow XO.
Any question on using this service we haven't answered? Contact us!
- If you authorized your Campaign Monitor account before October 2015, you'll need to authorize it again before you can use the transactional email methods. If you don't, the methods won't work properly (you'll see various errors).
- Of course you’ll need to create a campaign in Campaign Monitor before it’s available to select in Flow XO. However this means that you might miss some activity if you send the campaign right away before configuring your Flow XO flow. For this reason you should always create your campaign in Campaign Monitor, save as a draft, and then configure your flow before returning to Campaign Monitor to send your campaign.
- For 'Send a Smart Email' and 'Send a Classic Email', the outputs will include the details of up to 3 of the recipients. If you have more than 3 recipients, you won't be able to retrieve all of the message ID's (but of course the email will be sent).
- The 'Add a Subscriber' method does not support 'Multi-Valued Select Many' custom fields.
Tell us how we can improve this service on our public Trello roadmap.